Employing Data to See Assessment Results – Use Case

0 Comments

Included in this introduction and development of xAPI into a big organization, it can always be a challenge. I’d love to share with you how I utilized xAPI using Articulate Storyline 360, printed as SCORM and being sent through a Learning Management System (LMS).

To summarize, a section needed to have the ability to catch the responses chosen in assessments being delivered online. The assessments were updated from Lectora to Storyline. Lectora had the ability to send the results of an assessment through email, which was perfect. But with the organization this wasn’t part of Storyline.

I had been involved in a pilot program to introduce xAPI (along with other learning technology) and could observe how xAPI may be utilized to capture this data.

I used the Javascript library that is explained in this post My LMS Only Supports SCORM, How can I use xAPI. This was the easy part. I included a Trigger for each time a question was answered. This also inhabited this statement’s outcomes element.

With the data now captured, I had a way to show the data in a way that was meaningful. Using the builtin reports from Learning Locker weren’t quite what we wanted.

With a lot and some research of playing, I employed some Javascript to pull data and display the results. Adding some CSS to show what the learner wrong and got right, together with filtering of the results ended up using something that is easy to use. The product sits at the SharePoint site, which affirms the Single Sign On authentication version. Instructors and tutors can review the outcomes (in virtually real time by refreshing) and publish the results if necessary.

The first part of the page was supposed to get into the Activities. This was by far the toughest part, like I could not locate how xAPI Wrapper can pull each course distinctively up. As I had control over what had been moving as far as xAPI Statements, I settled for using the Launched verb. This is only used in the course. Once I had this, I really could use the activityID. From that point, it was a very simple procedure to render the output and to pull all the data.

Whilst I am unable to split the code, below is a short movie of the last product. It is proving to be a simple yet effective tool and a fantastic selling point to acquire xAPI installation within a large organization.

Categories:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

New Thinking. New Online Learning.

Signup For Access To Free Courses and Lessons

For more details click on the below link.
TRY IT FREE!
close-link
Get the week’s best articles right in your inbox
Subscribe
Join 15K subscribers
close-image