Using data that is xAPI to view Assessment results — Use Case
February 28, 20200 Comments
As part of this introduction and development of xAPI to a large organisation, it can always be a struggle to supply the benefits. I’d love to share with you how I used xAPI with Articulate Storyline 360, printed as SCORM and being sent through a Learning Management System (LMS). The Learning Record Store (LRS) is Learning Locker.
To summarise, a section needed to be able to catch the answers selected in evaluations being delivered on the web. The evaluations were upgraded from Lectora. Lectora had the capacity to send the results of an assessment via email, which was ideal. But with the organisation this wasn’t part of Storyline.
I was involved in a pilot program to introduce xAPI (and other learning technologies) and could observe how xAPI could be used to capture this data.
With the data I needed a way to display the data in a meaningful way. Using the builtin reports were.
The very first portion of page was supposed to get into the Tasks. This was undoubtedly the part like I could not locate how xAPI Wrapper can pull each class distinctively up. As I had control over what was moving in the SCROM packs as far as Statements, I settled with the Launched verb. This is only used once in the program. I could use the activityID to pull on the students, After I had this. From that point, it was a procedure to pull on of the data for that pupil and render the output.
Below is a brief video of the product whilst I am unable to split the code. It is proven to be a tool and a great selling point to get setup with in a huge organisation.