Using xAPI data to See Assessment Outcomes – Use Case
February 27, 20200 Comments
Included in this development and introduction of xAPI into a large organisation, it may always be a challenge. I’d like to share with you the way I used xAPI using Articulate Storyline 360, published as SCORM and being sent via a Learning Management System (LMS).
To summarise, a section required to have the ability to catch the responses selected in evaluations being delivered on the web. The evaluations had been upgraded from Lectora. Lectora had the ability to send the results of an assessment via email, which was perfect. With the organisation moving to Articulate, this was not part of Storyline.
I was involved in a pilot program to introduce xAPI (and other learning technologies) and could observe how xAPI may be used to capture this information.
With the information I needed a way to display the information in a manner that was meaningful. Together with the builtin reports from Learning Locker were.
Page’s very first portion was to access the Activities. This was by far the part as I couldn’t locate how xAPI Wrapper can pull each class distinctively up. As I had control over what was going into the SCROM packages as far I settled for using the Launched verb. This is only used in the program. I really could use the activityID to pull the students, After I had this. From that point, it was a procedure render the output and to pull on the information.
Below is a short video of the final product whilst I am not able to split the code. It’s proven to be an easy yet powerful tool and a fantastic selling point to get xAPI setup with in a large organisation.