Using xAPI Info to view Assessment results — Use Case
February 27, 20200 Comments
Included in the introduction and development of xAPI to a large organisation, it can be a challenge. I’d like to share with you the way I used xAPI using Articulate Storyline 360, printed as SCORM and being delivered through a Learning Management System (LMS).
To summarise, a section required to be able to catch the answers chosen in assessments being delivered online. The assessments were upgraded to Storyline from Lectora. Lectora had the capacity to deliver the results of an assessment. However with all the organisation moving to Articulate, this was not a part of Storyline.
I was involved in a pilot program to introduce xAPI (along with other learning technologies) and could see how xAPI could be used to capture this data.
With the data now recorded, I had a way to display the data in a meaningful way. Using the builtin reports from Learning Locker were not quite what we wanted.
Page’s very first portion was to access the Activities. This was by far the most tricky part like I couldn’t locate xAPI Wrapper can pull up every course distinctively. I settled for using the Launched verb as I had control over what went in the SCROM packages as far as xAPI Statements. This is only used once in the course. I could use the activityID to pull on the pupils, After I had this. From there, it was a process leave the output and to pull all the data.
Below is a video of the final item, whilst I’m unable to share the code. It is proven to be a tool and a great selling point to get installation with in a huge organisation.